Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State and his Lagos State counterpart, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, among other governors and ministers have been named in a list of 18 chairmen and 11 deputies to head the sub-committees of APC’s special convention scheduled for June 6.
The list was unveiled by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party last night.
This was disclosed in a statement issued by the APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka.
The list contained the names of 17 governors, five ministers, deputy senate president and deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, among others.
See the full list below:
- Budget – H.E. Muhammad Yahaya, Governor of Gombe State
Co-Chair: Minister of Finance, Hajiya Zainab Ahmed
- Finance and Logistics – H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos State
- Accreditation and Decoration – H.E. Prince Dapo Abiodun, Governor of Ogun State.
- Security and Compliance – H.E. Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State
Co-Chair: Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), former Minister of Interior
- Election Planning – H.E. Atiku Bagudu, Governor of Kebbi State
Co-Chair: H.E. Hope Uzodimma, Governor of Imo State
- Transportation – H.E. Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano State
Deputy: Ramatu Aliyu, Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory
- Accommodation – H.E. Babagana Zulum, Governor of Borno State
Co-Chair: H.E. Gboyega Oyetola, Governor of Osun State
- Media and Publicity – H.E. Abdullahi Sule, Governor of Nasarawa State
- Medicals – Dr. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment
Co-Chair: Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole, former Minister of Health
- Legal: Abubakar Malami SAN, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
- Venue and Site Servicing: H.E. Bello Matawalle, Governor of Zamfara State
Co-Chair: Mohammed Bello, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory
- Election Appeal – H.E. Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe State
- Hospitality and Welfare – H.E. Simon Lalong, Governor of Plateau State
Co-Chair: Hajiya Sadiya Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
- Protocols – H.E. Aminu Masari, Governor of Katsina State
- Digital Communications – H.E. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, Governor of Kwara State
- Pre-Convention/Management/ Rapporteur – H.E. Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State
Deputy: Dame Pauline Tallen, Minister of Women Affairs
- Presidential Screening Appeal – H.E. Abubakar Bello, Governor of Niger State
Co-Chair: Rt. Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Accreditation of Diplomats – H.E. Ovie Omo-Agege, Deputy President of the Senate
Co-Chair: Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister for Foreign Affairs